By participating in the CDO Hub, you agreed to abide by our Code of Conduct. Abusing these guidelines may result in your removal from the community.
The CDO Hub is a professional space for the senior data leadership community can collaborate, share and learn without fear of harassment, prejudice, or discrimination. To that end, we enforce the following rules, and by joining this community you agree to adhere to these rules or face removal from the community.
By being part of this community, you meet our membership requirements…
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, colour, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behaviour that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include:
No vendors or spammy behaviour
* We’re a vendor-free community so sadly we can’t keep you in if you move to a provider or to a position that’s no longer the CDO (or equivalent) & meets the membership criteria
* Light self-promotion is totally fine, but no straight-up marketing, please. Participate organically!
Keep it confidential
* What’s said in the CDO Hub stays in the CDO Hub. We’re a safe space where you should feel comfortable being open and honest with your peers
* Our events are not recorded to support and facilitate this
Keep it on-topic
* This is primarily a place for data leaders to talk all things, well…data & leadership…with general chat okay in appropriate channels.
* Top-level comments should be made in the appropriate channel; if an off-topic comment is posted it might be removed.
* Let’s avoid politics! We know that political discourse is extremely important. This rule isn’t meant to stifle beliefs or ideals, it’s simply meant to avoid heated political discussions in our community.
Use real names and companies
* This is a space for meeting others and building professional relationships, so real names, roles and companies should be used.
Keep it above board
* Don’t post, share, or solicit illegal content and keep it clean!
Be nice and leave egos at the door
* If you’re found to be harassing, discriminative or generally not being a nice person to anyone in our community, you’ll be removed
*We’re all at different stages and have different experiences so help others in their journey, no judgement please
Be an active participant
* Our wonderful community is what makes this a valuable space, so we ask that you are an active participant in the community, support others, be open to sharing and listening to other perspectives.
* We know that life & work sometimes gets in the way so if we’ve not seen you in a few months, we’ll check in to say hi! If we’ve not heard from you and seen any engagement for 6 months, we might look to remove your membership.
If you are found in violation of the above Code of Conduct or any of the additional community rules, you will receive a warning about your behaviour. Additional instances of rule-breaking will be met with your removal from the community. If your behaviour is unacceptable or you use our community for illegal activities, you will be immediately removed from the community.
If you identify any action in violation of our community Code of Conduct or rules, please DM our Head of Community (Hayley Green) or send her an email to email@example.com. Where possible, please include a direct link to the violation and/or a screenshot.